Thursday 31 January 2008

The Ad Mans Northern horses to follow

I am enjoying the racing at the moment, and cannot wait for the northern swing to get going - jumps meetings full of northern horses with some hand picked gambles ready to pluck the funds from fellow Betfair punters! I have seen many horses in the last 6 months in the flesh and these are the impressive horses to follow.

Howard Johnson has assembled a fantastic team and the big three to follow from his stable are :
Tidal Bay, Kealshore Boy and Striking Ambition - all three will win top class races and have already proved that if you can afford the purchase price sometimes you will buy class acts.

Lenny Lungo has had a very quiet year and I would expect a few fire works as the year goes on, I fully expect the classy Berwick Law to win a good handicap, All Out For Seven a bumper and I expect Wild Cane Ridge to win a really good handicap.

Peter Monteith is having a fantastic year and the class of horse at Whitebog Farm is the best yet. Sinatas will win a handicap over 2m 4f , Quiciyo is potentially the best horse in the yard and the talented Los Nadis will continue to win races. Of the David Johnson horses there is a huge belief in the yard that Standin Obligation is an ideal type for the Scottish National.

Lucinda Russell and Peter Scudamore have been seen at most northern meetings and I have no doubt that the "Scu" influence is bringing better horses and more staying power - Quws Law is the horse to watch .

I have been a bit surprised with the Nicky Richards team this year, maybe its the Rose Davidson influence or the wind down of Tony Dobbin but I feel like they are under achieving. They have some big owners and of the stars According to John, Turpins Green and Monets Garden have all shown semblance of their obvious huge talent this year. I cannot however give a horse that has taken my breath away, with only Money Trix (and I didnt see that in the flesh ) and Viking Rebel staying in my focus.

It is the first year I haven't owned a horse for about 7 years and my old stable Micky Hammond has a mixed set of horses, some are very slow (Micky is very good at picking races for them) but there is a good mix of ex Flat horses and some nice ex Tom Costello horses like La Pantera Rosa and Four Franks. I have two real dark horse's though Desert Rat - will win a handicap and I fully expect Swains Bridge to win a seller before the year end.

I have seen two quality bumper horses this year in the North, Katapult of Alan Swinbank's and the lovely mare of Dudley Moffat's Lets Go Girls.

1 comment:

The Guru said...

Good afternoon from a cold and blustery Catterick. Omens not good - just installed a portable cash machine beside me! I think AXINIT has an excellent chance in the opening Selling Hurdle. The trip and going are okay for it and the course should suit his front running style. He could take some catching. Get your bets on the early races as the blizzard has just arrived!