Friday 1 February 2008

Best ride I have seen in ages and the kid gets 10 days off!!

I have never in my life been so annoyed about a stewards decision as I am today at Catterick. I have seen the jockey Wilson Renwick ride the hugely tempremental PRIMUS INTER PARUS to victory in a cracking 2m 3 f race , cajoeling, pushing, and prodding a horse that has a mind of his own to readily outscore Flake. The stewards have not only given the jockey 3 days for interference but also 7 further days for slapping a horse down the neck and excessive use of the whip.
10 DAYS !!! Denis O Reagan got 14 days for riding a finish a circuit early - how can the punishment be similar. The worst part is that Wilson Renwick did nothing wrong and has been the victim of the old school getting one over the younger brigade, in fact you could argue that the ride was up there with any ride of the month given by At The Races. The thing that sticks in the throat is that on a moody horse in shocking conditions the stewards have penalised someone for trying his best and performing to his best ability, in that weather you can only say that the stewards have not the first time given Renwick a rough time.

I applaud the comments of the trainer Noel Wilson who went out of his way to tell the viewers on Racing UK that "Wilson is the second best jockey in the North with only Graham Lee being his superior.....I cant believe that more trainers do not use him"

It is obvious to me that some jockeys are lucky and some not, and after losing numerous rides to lost meetings I just hope that the 10 days off do not see Wilson losing many potential winners. My final message to the stewards is simple -if you genuinely think that you made the correct decision then no wonder you cant get your expenses right.

No comments: