Tuesday 22 January 2008

Musselburgh 23rd January

At last some racing up north , and I would imagine a potential day of shocks on ground that will be at worst very slow !!! The racing is the usual fair with typical handcaps mixed with a couple of useful novice hurdles.

The best race to view is the 2.30 with some really useful horses running with many intentions!
ALONG THE NILE is the top weight with a double penalty, and this horse has plenty of class and could still be on the improve his welterweight of 12.4 must however stop him against some useful flat performers - the most noted is a lovely horse called KERRIMUIR LASS with Mick Fitzgerald booked on a rare visit to Musselburgh. This horse runs well from the front and has schooled well and would be a bet if looking well at something like 7 or 8 to 1. Others to note would be Veiled Applause, Compromizenotension and the useful Halla San.
Result - HALLA SAN won the race and looked very well in the paddock and was well backed, Kerrimuir Lass was in need of the run and drifted out to 12s on Betfair it was no Bet.



The favourite backers will be out in force in the first race (1.00) with a likely short price in IM DELILAH a horse that was running ok at Kelso when coming down , I think there will be something to beat her and I like the look of LA VECHIA SCHIOLA who gets the 4 yr old allowance - she beat the very useful Mr Crystal at Catterick. She was well beaten last time after a huge mistake at the second , Scottish owned and cost a few bob after her Catterick win she will be tough to beat.
Im Delilah drifted like a barge and LA VECHIA SCHIOLA ran quite well to be 3rd at around 8/1 - losing her race on the bend.


The 1.30 is only just better than a seller and I expect the favourite to run well PERTEMPS NETWORK (WON 6/4)who wasnt knocked about last time. The 2.00 is a typical handicap and I wont be playing, but I will be entertained all day by the lovely guys and girls of RADIO FORTH who sponsor the race -so I hope the rain stays off for the paddock view and best turned out award !

The 3.00 and 3.30 are again tough handicaps , I will take a look in the paddock and maybe find a back or lay . The bumper will be a good watch and I believe that there are a few very nice horses SPELL CHECKER, WIPE YOUR EYE and NEW DANCER but two at huge prices will be HONEST MAN (Looked well and ran a blinder in 6th) and OVER THE BORDER ( LOOKED POOR) a paddock inspection will tell me what I need to know.

Not a betting card for me , I will enjoy my day out and keep my stakes low.
BET - 1pt win KERRIMUIR LASS at 7.0 or better with a view to lay to take a profit RESULT NO BET AS NEEDED THE RUN.
BET - 1 pt win LA VEICHIA SCHIOLA at 4.5 or better. RESULT 3rd at Each WAY Price

No comments: