Tuesday 13 March 2012

DAY 2 - Cheltenham Festival 2012

Don,t give up your day job !!!

Who said that? - onto day 2 !

1.30
4 Mile chase for novices - not a race I have done well in the past but I do like Universal Soldier at around 12/1 with Four Commanders being the saver

2.05
No bet from me - think the novice divisions are really tough this year as such but will give a shortlist if you must !
SOUS LES CIEUX
MONKSLAND
COTTON MILL

2.40
The RSA is a tough race but I do fancy one in this FIRST LIEUTENANT who beat the Champion Hurdle winner Rock on Ruby last year - I think he has been laid out for this race, has festival form and jumps better than Bobs Worth (remember Punchestown ?)

3.20
Queen Mother is a weak race for status and entrants - think that Sizing Europe will retain his crown

4.00
One of my favourite races and one I have backed the winner a few times - really do think that past course form and race form is imperative as will quick ground form.

This leaves me a short list of
Carlito Brigante
Act of Kalanisi
Spirit River

Shoracres
First Fandango

Will seek out prices am to see which one I end up backing !

4.40

Vendor will take some beating after being laid out however at a massive price I will be backing CHILL in first time blinkers and Argocat.

The Bumper
Like both Moscow Mannion and Royal Guardsman - jockeys will have a huge say in the outcome of the race !!!

No comments: