Monday 12 March 2012

DAY 1 - Cheltenham Festival 2012

Done my studying of the first day and really interesting to see the mix of odds on shots with the handicappers.

1.30
A race for the Irish often and the change in ground towards good should in theory favour the flat racers rather than the NH horses. last year Al Ferof out stayed Sprinter Sacre and Cue Card up the hill - so will this happen again?
I just have a feeling that the flat horses will turn the tables this year as there are some classy types.
You cant back horses that fell last time out at the festival the stats are terrible so that rules out the likely favourite Darlan , and I cant see Cinders and Ashes being good enough despite the hype from a few of my pals. Montbazon took my eye but at the price if that form line is to believed then I think Vulcanite who made the running last time and will love the big field is the horse I would rather be with each way - Paddy Brennan loves him and says he has real gears. But the best bet in the race is Gallileos Choice who is really useful from the flat and is just preferred to The Midnight Game

Tough Race
Selection: Gallileos Choice
NB Vulcanite e/w
Alternate: Midnight Game

2.05 The Arkle
Not seen a horse like Sprinter Sacre for a while but having just watched the race from last year where Sprinter Sacre set sail for home two out with Cue Card only to be outstayed by Al Ferof has given me some doubts.

Cue Card I think is the best jumper in the race, Sprinter Sacre is the best horse, Menorah was the best hurdler.

Sprinter Sacre is the bet if you can get Evens and I think that Menorah will run a blinder.

3.20
Hurricane Fly will win - superb horse and weak field
Second will be a shoot out but Hurricane is a really good horse.

Cross Country race - is not for me so small each way out of sentiment on GONE TO LUNCH at 50/1 is the bet.

The Mares race at 4.40 sees Quevega looking to win again she is a machine and at 1/2 will probably win easily.

Handicaps will follow tomorrow.

No comments: