Monday 3 March 2008

Post Cheltenham Blues

There is no doubt that there are certain weeks of the year that make you miserable, and the pre Cheltenham week week is as they say a shocker. There is nothing to grow into across the week with the likes of Wolverhampton , Lingfield and Stratford hardly getting the juices flowing ! even the northern meetings pale into insignificance as we wait for next Tuesday an the roar of the Irish, the Guinness tent, the Arkle Bar , the tones of Simon Holt and the expectation of can I get myself in front over the four days?. The head down heart break of Juveigneiur and Character Building as they both dont quite get up coupled with the winning feeling of Cloudy Lane and Katchit, I wouldnt swop it for the world. Long after I have left this mortal coil horses will be winning gold cups and champion hurdles and until the day I die I will be spending four days watching the greatest event in the world. Just 8 nights to go .....................................

No comments: