Sunday 9 March 2008

Cheltenham is coming and here are the fancies


After a gusty wet day at Ayr when racing probably should of been off , the kitty is still intact and the Cheltenham fancies abound - the cards are done and the tips are here.

Day 1:
The day is the starting point of many dreams and I usually know my fate for the week after the first few races.

Supreme Novice -
Top class race to start the meeting and as usual the Brits v the Irish - I have come down on the side of two horses - KHYBER KIM and SENTRY DUTY the best of the Irish likely to be CORK ALL STAR

Arkle -
NOLAND is a stand out bet with the best each way choice MOON OVER MIAMI

Champion Hurdle -
I really like OSANA in the race and if the ground is quick HARCHIBALD will travel like the winner and get out with a lay as 9 yr olds dont win the Champion Hurdle

Day 2:
Ballymore Novice
The Ballymore Novice is a cracker of a race and although I love FORPADDYDEPLASTER I think that TRAFFORD LAD will be my selection

Coral Cup
LEG SPINNER is thrown in but I really like CLARNAZAR and ORBIT O GOLD at prices - interestingly the Irish dont seem to have many thrown well handicapped horses this year for the chases or hurdles

National Hunt Chase
BEANTOWN is my next best bet of the meeting as he has both race and course form and bolted up last time

Bumper
APT APPROACH and ZAARITO are both the horses to beat in the bumper with nothing between them on form

Day 3:

The Racing Post Plate
BIBLE LORD is well handicapped and is the third best bet of the week , my only doubts being extremes in ground conditions.

Pertemps Final
BACKBORD on good ground will be the best bet of the week on anything but that , he will be a leave alone

Day 4:
Never a day that I do well on so I will be watching DENMAN, ASHKAZAR,CARUTHERS and COUNTY ZEN

Short priced double:

DENMAN and NOLAND

YANKEE:
KHYBER KIM, BIBLE LORD, BEANTOWN, BACKBORD

No comments: